Monday 9 July 2012

Yayoi Kusama for Louis Vuitton!!

Today marks a landmark occasion for the iconic fashion label Louis Vuitton. 


The well-anticipated and longed for collaboration collection between LV and artist Yayoi Kusama has finally been revealed. Back in Februrary I visited the Tate Modern where the designer fashion label and quirky artist first worked together, and they created a truly exciting exhibition. Being a LOVER of anything with polkadots I was ecstatic to find that polkadots are Kusama's signature print. Hence, when news broke out that the pair were to collaborate with their own collection of clothes I couldn't have been more happy. 

This month sees Gisele Bundchen gracing the cover of Vogue Brazil (for the bazillionth time), however what makes this cover different to the rest is that she is one of the first to promote this new collection. 
Bold yellows and reds contrasted with large monochrome polkadots dominate the collection. It is daring, dramatic and definitely eye catching, and If I had the chance I would certainly be strutting my stuff parading down the streets of Newcastle in a pair of LV/YK polkadot heels. (If I really had my way I would buy the entire collection!) One of my favourite pieces though is the clear trench coat covered with black polkadots -  perfect attire for this crazy British weather we are currently having to put up with! 

Even better news... this is merely only the first half of the collection!! The second half will be unveiled on 24th August where it will be debuted in Selfridges! 

Anyway, I shall leave you with a few images that have been released today on Vogue.com to promote this fabulous collection, enjoy! xx













No comments: